- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Māori Business and Management
Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) is pleased to advise that in October 2016 the following Māori Business and Management mātauranga Māori qualifications were listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) with an overall rating of He Pounamu Kahurangi (PDF, 660KB).
The qualifications are the:
- New Zealand Certificate in Māori Business and Management (Level 3) [Ref: 3501]
- New Zealand Certificate in Māori Business and Management (Level 4) [Ref: 3502]
These qualifications align with the 12 Business qualifications that have already been listed.
We thank all stakeholders and individuals for their commitment to this process and contribution in the development of these qualifications.
Approved to Develop
The two new Māori Business and Management qualifications were approved for development in December 2015 and received an overall rating of He Pounamu Kahurangi (PDF, 660KB).
- September 2015 - Māori Business and Management Level 3 and Level 4 (Supplementary Report) (PDF, 518KB)
- December 2013 - Māori Business and Management (PDF, 427KB)
- August 2012 - Review of Business qualifications (revised November 2012) (PDF, 612KB)
In October 2015, MQS invited feedback on the proposed level 3 and 4 qualification documents. These were also distributed for consultation amongst stakeholders. These qualifications were submitted for quality assurance through the MMEQA process.
Feedback for this stage of development (Approval to Develop) has closed. MQS thanks all who responded to the initial proposal for the qualifications and look forward to receiving feedback at the next stage (Approval to List).
As part of the mandatory review of Business qualifications (which included all Business qualifications at levels 2-6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework), the scope for Māori Business and Management qualifications concentrated only on Levels 5 and 6.
The needs analysis for the Level 5 Māori Business qualification (which was listed separately under the Mātauranga Māori Evaluative Quality Assurance (MM EQA) process) identified indicators confirming a need for qualifications at lower levels.
These indicators were validated and evidence was found supporting the need for Māori Business and Management qualifications at Levels 3 and 4.
As such, two new qualifications were developed, one at Level 3 (which is intended to replace the National Certificate in Māori Management - Generic (Whakangahau ki Te Ao Māori – Workplace Practices) (Level 3) [Ref: 1432]) and another at Level 4.
If you wish to contact the Māori Business and Management qualifications review for any reason, please email Māori Qualifications Services.