- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Review of Māori Governance qualifications
E hī ake ana te atakura. He tio, he huka, he hauhunga
The red dawn comes with a sharpened air, a touch of frost, the promise of a glorious day.
Approved for Listing
Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) is pleased to confirm that on the 8 April 2015 two mātauranga Māori qualifications developed in the mandatory review of Māori Governance qualifications were listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) with an overall rating of He Pounamu Whakairo.
- Manu Taiko - Toro Parirau (Kaupae 4) [Ref: 2426]
New Zealand Certificate in Māori Governance (Level 4)
- Manu Taiko - Hoka Rangi (Kaupae 6) [Ref: 2427]
New Zealand Diploma in Māori Governance (Level 6)
These qualifications can be accessed through the links above or by searching for the qualification reference number or title.
MQS is now reviewing and developing relevant unit standards to support the new qualifications.
As part of the review, it is anticipated that in mid-August MQS will submit an application for a change to the classification system that the unit standards will be transferred into. The proposed new classifications are:
- Māori Governance
- Governance of Māori Authorities
- Governance of Māori Land
An update on the review of the unit standards can be found by visiting the NZQA webpage Unit standard reviews and developments.