- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers & partners
- About education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation & review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Development of NZ Diploma in Business prescriptions
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Secondary school students will receive results for all internal or external standards that are assessed as part of NCEA. For more information, see Assessment of standards.
During the school year, students receive results for internally assessed work. These results are sent by the school to NZQA throughout the year.
At any stage, students can log in via the Learner login and view the results that NZQA holds for them.
External assessment results
In January, students can access a Result Notice, which provides results for internal and external assessment from the previous year. These results are available online, but hard-copies can be ordered before 31 December of the year in which the results were gained.
Students have the right to request:
- a review, if a processing error has occurred or
- a reconsideration, if they believe an error in marking has occurred.
For more information, see Reviews and reconsiderations. Please note that the application forms for reviews and reconsiderations will not be available until after papers have been returned to candidates.
From 2011 certificates for NCEA and University Entrance will be printed on request, and will be available from January. For more information, see NCEA levels and certificates.
School Results Summary (SRS)
The SRS lists all the results for all the standards that you attempted at school, including those not achieved. It also lists all the qualifications and endorsements and Scholarships that you gained while at school, and has a summary of credits by course and level.
You can order one copy for free per year. Additional copies will cost $15.30.
You can order your SRS:
- online through your Learner login,
- by phone: 0800 697 296, or
- by sending in a completed application form
For information on how NCEA results can be used for entrance to tertiary study or employment, see Using NCEA after leaving school.
Record of Achievement (ROA)
A Record of Achievement is an official transcript of all the national qualifications and standards that a person has ever achieved. Any qualifications gained before the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework will not appear on the ROA.
NCEA results released to universities
In January, NZQA will send all NCEA level 2, level 3 and university entrance results that have been authorised for release to all New Zealand universities. This helps these institutions to process pre-enrolments. If you do not want this to happen, you must tell your school.
To see how well a school, group of schools, or other group of students has achieved in NCEA, see Secondary school statistics.