- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Secondary school students will receive results for all internal or external standards that are assessed as part of NCEA. For more information, see Assessment of standards.
During the school year, students receive results for internally assessed work. These results are sent by the school to NZQA throughout the year.
At any stage, students can log in via the Learner login and view the results that NZQA holds for them.
External assessment results
In January, students can access a Result Notice, which provides results for internal and external assessment from the previous year. These results are available online, but hard-copies can be ordered before 31 December of the year in which the results were gained.
Students have the right to request:
- a review, if a processing error has occurred or
- a reconsideration, if they believe an error in marking has occurred.
For more information, see Reviews and reconsiderations. Please note that the application forms for reviews and reconsiderations will not be available until after papers have been returned to candidates.
Return of examination material
NZQA returns examination material to schools and students. For information on the return process and for what to do about missing booklets or portfolios, see Return of examination material.
Since 2011 certificates for NCEA and University Entrance have been printed on request, and will be available from January. For more information, see NCEA levels and certificates.
School Results Summary (SRS)
A SRS is an unofficial transcript of all results a student has gained for both internally and externally assessed standards while at senior secondary school, including those not achieved. It also lists any national qualifications, endorsements and awards gained while at school, and has a summary of credits by course and level.
Students can print a copy of their SRS themselves, anytime, by:
- Logging in to the NZQA Learner login
- Clicking on the pdf icon in the "My School Entries and Results" screen
- Printing the School Results Summary pdf.
For an official transcript of results, students will need to order their Record of Achievement.
For information on how NCEA results can be used for entrance to tertiary study or employment, see Using NCEA after leaving school.
Record of Achievement (ROA)
A Record of Achievement is an official transcript of all the national qualifications and standards that a person has ever achieved. Any qualifications gained before the implementation of the National Qualifications Framework will not appear on the ROA.
NCEA results released to universities
In January, NZQA will send all NCEA level 2, level 3 and university entrance results that have been authorised for release to all New Zealand universities. This helps these institutions to process pre-enrolments. If you do not want this to happen, you must tell your school.
To see how well a school, group of schools, or other group of students has achieved in NCEA, see Secondary school statistics.