- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
- Updates to Level 3 Achievement Standards
- Moderator Newsletters
- Assessing more than one standard with one assessment activity
- Commercial tasks
The Ministry of Education published updated versions for the Level 3 Achievement Standards in most subjects in November, 2016. The changes appear to be limited to a new planned review date of 31 December 2018, and Explanatory Note 1 now including a reference to Te Marautanga o Aotearoa for all subjects except Te Reo, English and Learning Languages.
However, assessors are advised to check the revised Level 3 standards relating to their programmes against the previous versions. Both the new and the previous versions appear together on the relevant NZQA subject pages.
Moderator Newsletters will now be published in Term One and Term Three of the school year. Any urgent information related to assessment and moderation will continue to be conveyed by circulars and through the Principal’s Nominee emails.
Assessors are referred to the clarification documents and annotated exemplars on the Mathematics and Statistics NZQA subject page, which emphasise the requirements of the relevant achievement criteria when more than one standard is being assessed.
Commercially produced assessment tasks (as with all tasks) need to be reviewed prior to use, in order to ensure they provide the opportunity for the students to meet the requirements of the standard for all levels of Achievement.