- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
NCEA and the Whānau
NCEA is the National Certificate of Educational Achievement.
It is the main qualification for New Zealand secondary school students and is recognised by employers and used as the benchmark for selection by universities and polytechnics.
NCEA & the Whānau is an information programme that aims to help whānau understand NCEA.
How can I help?
Attend a practical and interactive whānau workshop.
- Discuss your dreams and aspirations for your child;
- Learn practical tips on how you can help your child achieve NCEA success; and
- Create your own whānau action plan to achieve your whānau aspirations.
See how attending an NCEA & Whānau workshop helped Ngāwai and Sam.
Download a .zip file (ZIP, 30MB) for later offline viewing.