- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Mandatory Review of Social Skills Qualifications
NZQA National Qualifications Services has been interim qualifications developer for the review of Social Skills qualifications until such time a qualifications developer could be found. We are now pleased to confirm Careerforce is the qualifications developer for New Zealand Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners (Level 1) with an optional strand in Skills for Working [Ref: 2853].
A selection panel representing secondary schools, polytechnics, advocacy groups, employer interest and the Social Skills Governance Group was established to consider the appointment of Careerforce.
For future enquiries about the qualification, please contact Careerforce at: email@example.com
NZQA National Qualifications Services is pleased to advise that the New Zealand Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners (Level 1) with an optional strand in Skills for Working [Ref: 2853] was listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework in November 2015.
Providers will need to obtain programme approval or provider accreditation to deliver an approved programme before they can offer the new qualification.
Unit standards for New Zealand Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners (Level 1) with an optional strand in Skills for Working [Ref: 2853]
To provide guidance and/or assistance for programme developers and organisations, unit standards have been reviewed and aligned to the graduate profile outcomes of the New Zealand Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners (Level 1) with an optional strand in Skills for Working [Ref: 2853]. These can be accessed at the Review of Supported Learning unit standards page. The link includes two standards from the domain Tikanga Concepts that are relevant as well.
Unit standards may be incorporated into programmes of study and used to provide assessment evidence towards the achievement of qualification outcomes. They may be used to assess parts or all of the qualification outcomes.
If your organisation has consent to assess against Supported Learning unit standards, you can incorporate the standards, as appropriate, in your programmes of study. To find out which assessment standards your organisation has consent to assess, you can look under the NZQA website’s consent to assess scope for Providers.
Enquiries about Supported Learning unit standards can be made to NZQA National Qualifications Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review documents - quick links
- Feb-Mar 2015 Social Skills consultation document for 'Approval to List' (PDF, 66KB)
- Feb-Mar 2015 Social Skills consultation, Summary of feedback and GG response (PDF, 121KB) on specifications and conditions
- Summary - Dec 2013-Feb 2014 consultation (PDF, 61KB) on strategic purpose and graduate profile outcomes
- Summary - Oct 2013 consultation (PDF, 34KB) on strategic purpose and graduate profile outcomes
- Approved New Zealand Certificate in Skills for Living for Supported Learners (Level 1) with an optional strand in Skills for Working 
Contact for the review
If you wish to receive email updates and/or make contact regarding the Social Skills review, please email email@example.com. We welcome questions, ideas, contributions and expressions of interest.