- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Merging of the Reo Māori and Tikanga Māori qualification reviews
In January 2015, it was agreed between the co-leads of the Te Reo Māori review (NZQA and Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiarangi) and the Tikanga Māori review (NZQA and Te Wānanga o Aotearoa), that the two qualifications reviews should be combined. The qualifications in both reviews had been granted 'Approval to Develop', and were beginning the ‘Approval to List’ phase of development.
Māori Qualifications Services (NZQA) and Te Whare Wānanga o Awanuiarangi continued to lead the developments during this phase of the review.
The Governance Groups from each review merged, and became the Governance Group for Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori Qualifications Review. The Governance Group met on 26 February 2015 to discuss the merging of the two suites of qualifications, and confirm the proposed qualifications landscape and mātāpono.
The Summary Report from this hui is available:
- Te Arotakenga o Ngā Tohu Mātauranga mō Te Reo Māori me nga Tikanga Māori Te Hui a Te Rōpū Tātaki (DOC, 2.2MB)
The Working Groups met on 30-31 March 2015 to further develop and confirm the strategic purpose statements; graduate profile outcome statements; educational, employment, and cultural pathways for graduates of the qualifications; and consistency arrangements for the full suite of Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori qualifications.
Stakeholder attestation (NZQF4) and Qualification owners (NZQF 6) forms
Background for the Te Reo Māori review and the Tikanga Māori review
Information regarding the Approval to Develop phase of development, prior to the merging of the review is available:
- Te Reo Māori Qualifications Review – Phase One Approval to Develop
- Tikanga Māori Qualifications Review – Phase One Approval to Develop
Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori – Te Rōpū Tātaki (Governance Group)
The Te Reo me Ngā Tikanga Māori Governance Group ensured the development of qualifications met the needs of the sector, whānau, hapū, iwi, and communities.
Te Rōpū Tātaki had been established to:
- provide strategic advice and guidance to ensure matauranga māori and sector needs are met and enduring qualifications developed
- critically analyse developments and endorse workgroup submissions
- provide final endorsement of the qualifications.
Anei ngā kaimahi o te Rōpū Whakahaere:
- Leon Blake
- Dr Rawinia Higgins
- Evelyn Tobin
- Professor Wiremu Doherty
- Ruakere Hond
- Hana O’Regan
- Dr Kēneti Kennedy
- Te Urikore Biddle-Ranga
- Neil Rogers
- Phil Lambert
- Ron Taukamo
- Lee Agnew
- Conan Herbert
- Justin Heke
- Lara Collin
- Natasha Harland.