- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Review of Te Reo Māori me Ngā Tikanga Māori Qualifications
Approved for Listing
Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) is pleased to confirm that in February 2016 the 16 Te Hono o Te Kahurangi qualifications suite were listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) with an overall rating of He Pounamu Kahurangi (PDF, 660KB).
The qualification documents will be accessible by searching for the qualification reference number or title.
We acknowledge and thank all those who took the time to attend hui, considered the proposed qualifications and submitted feedback. Thank you also to the Governance Group for their guidance, and to the Working Group members who have dedicated many hours contributing to, and refining, the development of these qualifications – kāore e ārikarika ngā mihi ki a koutou katoa!
Review of national Te Reo Māori and Tikanga qualifications
MQS completed the review of the existing Te Reo Māori and Tikanga qualifications, which were replaced by New Zealand qualifications, in February 2016.
For more information on the outcome of this review please download the Review of Te Reo Maori and Tikanga qualifications change report.
If you would like any further information on the qualifications, please email Māori Qualifications Services.