- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Developing and reviewing qualifications at Levels 1-6 on the NZQF
All qualifications listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework must meet the requirements outlined in Section 3 of the policy document, The New Zealand Qualifications Framework (PDF, 606KB). They must also be approved by the relevant quality assurance body.
New Zealand qualifications at Levels 1-6 were introduced in 2011 following a targeted review of qualifications. The requirements for listing New Zealand qualifications are outlined in Section 4 of the policy document.
Lifecycle of a qualification at Levels 1-6 on the NZQF
Read more information about:
Qualifications development and approval at Levels 1 - 6.
Qualifications development and approval at degree and related qualifications at Levels 7 - 10.
How to undertake a mandatory qualification review.
Progress on mandatory reviews of qualifications.
Managing the transition to a new qualification after the review.