- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Mandatory reviews of qualifications at Levels 1-6
The qualifications development process: a provider's view
Margie Sorensen, Information Technology Training Institute CEO, speaking on the qualifications development process for the IT sector.
Download the transcript (DOC, 23KB). Download a .zip file for later offline viewing (ZIP, 18MB). If you have difficulty playing the video file, try using a different player, such as this free player VLC.
Building better qualifications through collaborative design
Otago Polytechnic CEO Phil Ker discussing the importance of graduate profiles, and how to engage in qualification development.
Download the transcript (DOC, 21KB). Download a .zip file for later offline viewing (ZIP, 13MB). If you have difficulty playing the video file, try using a different player, such as this free player VLC.
Scheduled and completed reviews
NZQA publishes a Qualifications Review schedule annually. Schedules for 2012, 2013 and 2014 are available.
An increasing number of sectors have already carried out qualification reviews, and have submitted their qualification applications to NZQA for evaluation. You can see which sectors have completed their qualification reviews and listed qualifications on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
What we are learning
Since the reviews began in 2011, NZQA has been gathering the learning experiences from those involved in the various reviews. This learning has been distilled into a series of practice notes.
Further information and contact details
NZQA has compiled, and answered, Frequently Asked Questions arising from the review process so far.
If you would like further information, email our dedicated mailbox.