- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
In the past, NZQA administered many trade and advanced trade certificate qualifications. These have been progressively phased out and replaced by National Certificates and Diplomas. Certified statements in relation to these older qualifications are available from NZQA.
Obtain a Certified Statement of your Trade Certificate or Advanced Trade Certificate
NZQA is not able to issue Trade Certificates or Advanced Trade Certificates, however, NZQA can issue certified statements attesting to the past award of Trade or Advanced Trade Certificates.
You can apply for a certified statement to replace an original Trade Certificate at a cost of $25.60. Complete the application form (PDF, 47KB) and send to NZQA with the fee.
You can also apply for a search for results. Replacement result notices are not available but we are able to issue a certified statement which lists the examinations entered and the results obtained. The search and issue fee per level is $20.40 or $51.10 for all 3 levels. Additional copies are available for $5.10. Complete the application form (PDF, 44KB) and send to NZQA with the appropriate fee.
You can apply for a certified statement to replace an original Advance Trade Certificate at the cost of $25.60. Complete the application form (PDF, 25KB) and send to NZQA with the fee.
NOTE: do not use this form for a replacement 'A' Grade Registration Certificate - you will need to contact the New Zealand Motor Industry Training Organisation (Incorporated) (MITO) for a copy.