- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Governance of Māori Authorities
This page provides updates and notices during the unit standards review.
E hī ake ana te atakura. He tio, he huka, he hauhunga
The red dawn comes with a sharpened air, a touch of frost, the promise of a glorious day.
Listed unit standards
Māori Qualifications Services (MQS) is pleased to advise that the reviewed Governance of Māori Authorities unit standards were listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards in December 2015. The unit standards can be accessed here.
For more information on the outcome of this review please download the Review of Governance of Māori Authorities unit standards (PDF, 190KB) change report.
In October 2015, MQS were advised that the proposed domain, Governance of Māori Land, would not be approved without a definite indication that more than three unit standards would be classified in it. It is usual for a proposed domain to contain between 10 and 30 standards.
Going forward MQS intends to develop new Governance of Māori Land unit standards and resubmit the application at a later date.
The review of these unit standards was initiated through their scheduled review to ensure the unit standards were fit for purpose, relevant and aligned to the graduate profile outcomes of the Manu Taiko - Toro Parirau (Kaupae 4) [Ref: 2426] qualification.
For the latest information and updates regarding this review, please refer back to this page, or contact Māori Qualifications Services.
Link to Field Māori Assessment Support Materials.