- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Review of Adult Education and Training and Generic Education and Training unit standards
Call for review panelists for:
- Adult Education and Training (AET) unit standards
- Generic Education and Training (GET) unit standards
Closing date: 9 am Friday 7 April 2017
In 2016, NZQA National Qualifications Services (NQS) conducted a review of unit standards in the AET and GET subfields to support the New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 4) [Ref 2746], and New Zealand Certificate in Adult and Tertiary Teaching (Level 5) [Ref 2993].
NQS is now commencing the review of the remaining standards in these subfields to ensure the unit standards remain fit for purpose and meet the needs of the sector. The standards in this review are in the domains:
- Delivery of Adult Education and Training
- Design and Development of Adult Education and Training
- Evaluation in Adult Education and Training
- Management of Adult Education and Training
- Open, Flexible, and Networked Learning
- Research in Education.
We are inviting expressions of interest for being a member of the review panel for both AET and GET unit standards. Applications can be made by completing the AET and GET panel application form (DOCX, 82KB).
Please return your completed application form by 9 am Friday 7 April 2017, by email to: email@example.com
The review panel will reflect a balance of the sector and operate in the best interests of the whole sector.
We are seeking a breadth of expertise for the review panel. It will comprise people who have:
- expertise in adult education and training
- understanding of the needs of adult learners
- commitment to the use of unit standards as assessment tools in programmes
- commitment to open communication, collaborative problem solving, and team work.
The panel will also collectively have experience/expertise in/with:
- specific sectors or modes e.g. Mātauranga Māori, Pasifika, multicultural, international/offshore, distance, workplace
- assessment, design and moderation of AET and GET unit standards
- New Zealand Certificates in Adult and Tertiary Teaching
- AET and GET related projects, reviews and programme implementation.
The first panel meeting is scheduled for Thursday 20 – Friday 21 April 2017. It is likely that at least one further two day, face-to-face meeting will be convened to continue the standard development and review process. There is also the possibility of a shorter meeting by teleconference or Skype so access to appropriate equipment will be useful.
Members of the review panel will be paid a sitting fee, and all travel and accommodation costs will be met by NZQA.
Applicants will be notified by email as soon as practical after the closing date. The location of meetings will be determined at a later date.
Further information will be made available on this site as the review project progresses.
Contact for the review
We welcome questions, ideas and contributions to the review. If you would like to receive information and updates about the review, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the AET and GET review email network.