- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Review of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) unit standards
Consultation on EAP unit standards closes 28 February 2017
NZQA National Qualifications Services invites you to give feedback on the reviewed EAP unit standards. This feedback will be used by the review panel to further develop the standards to ensure that they meet the needs of the sector.
The consultation document, feedback form and the draft standards are available from the Consultations and reviews page.
Please send your feedback to National Qualifications Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In October 2016, NZQA began the review of the five EAP unit standards currently listed on the Directory of Assessment Standards (DAS).
Write texts under test conditions in English for academic purposes
Write a crafted text using researched material in English for an academic purpose
Read and process information in English for academic purposes
Deliver an oral presentation in English for an academic purpose
Demonstrate understanding of spoken texts and process information in English for academic purposes
The purpose of this standards review is to ensure that:
- the standards remain fit for purpose
- there is a suite of unit standards suitable for those who wish to use them as assessment tools in programmes towards the NZ Certificates in English Language (Academic) (Level 4) Ref:1883
- the standards retain the integrity, specifically units 22750 and 22751, in meeting the university entrance literacy requirements.
In September 2016, an invitation was sent out to the sector for applications for review panel membership. Seven people were selected. Collectively they have:
- expertise in English for Academic Purposes
- expertise in English Language and/or English as a mainstream subject
- knowledge of New Zealand Certificates in English Language
- experience in assessment, design and moderation of EAP unit standards
- involvement in EAP related projects, reviews and programme implementation
They represent stakeholders from Secondary Schools, a University, ITPs, Wānanga and the National Moderator.
Members of the email network receive regular updates on review progress, with opportunities to contribute feedback.
To join the email network, please email email@example.com.