- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Review of English Language unit standards
Call for review panelists for English Language unit standards
Closing date: Thursday 16 March 2017
NZQA National Qualifications Services (NQS) is commencing the review of English Language Level 1 Foundation - Level 4 unit standards to ensure that:
- the unit standards remain fit for purpose
- there is a suite of unit standards suitable for those who wish to use them as assessment tools in programmes towards New Zealand Certificates in English Language (NZCEL).
We are inviting expressions of interest for being a member of the English Language unit standards review panel. Applications can be made by completing the EL panel application form (DOCX, 81KB).
Please return your completed application form by 9am Thursday 16 March 2017, via email, at: email@example.com.
The review panel will reflect a balance of the sector and operate in the best interests of the whole sector (secondary, tertiary and community sector).
We are seeking a breadth of expertise for the review panel. It will comprise people who have:
- expertise in English Language
- understanding of the needs of English Language learners
- commitment to the use of unit standards as assessment tools in programmes
- commitment to open communication, collaborative problem solving, and team work.
The panel will also collectively have experience/expertise in/with:
- assessment, design and moderation of English Language unit standards
- New Zealand Certificates in English Language
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)
- graded unit standards
- English for Academic Purposes unit standards
- English Language related projects, reviews and programme implementation.
The first panel meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 4 - Wednesday 5 April 2017.
The panel will reconvene for at least four further two-day, face-to-face meetings to continue the standard development and review process. There is also the possibility of several shorter meetings by teleconference or Skype so access to appropriate equipment will be useful.
Members of the review panel will be paid a sitting fee, and all travel and accommodation costs will be met by NZQA.
Applicants will be notified by email as soon as practical after the closing date. The location of meetings and subsequent meeting dates will be determined once the location and availability of the majority of successful applicants are considered.
Further information will be made available on this site as the review project progresses.
Contact for the review
We welcome questions, ideas and contributions to the review. If you would like to receive information and updates about the review, please send a message the review mailbox asking to be added to the email network, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.