- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Withdrawals and refunds
NZQA requires all private training establishments (PTEs) to have policies and procedures in place for student withdrawals and refunds. Students should receive information about this from the PTE when they enrol. The refund can be more than, but cannot be less than, the entitlement specified in the Education Act (see student refund entitlements below).
If a student is expelled from a course, it is unlikely that any fees will be refunded. However, this depends on the policies of the individual PTE.
Student refund entitlements
For information on refund entitlements, see Student withdrawals and refunds.