Revision of Public Sector Management qualification
National Diploma in Public Sector Management (Leadership Development) (Level 6) [Ref: 1419]
Learning State has revised the qualification listed above.
Date new version published April 2010
The next qualification review is planned to take place during 2013.
Reason for the revision
The revision was carried out to take into account the changes to standards in and the reclassification of the Management domains: Developing and Coordinating People and Systems and Resources.
Main changes resulting from the revision
Changes to structure and content
· Standard 25464 replaced standard 8494.
· Standard 21336 was substituted for standard 7454.
· Standard 9736, 7457, and 8500 have expired and were removed from the Elective.
· Standards 7453, 7461, 7462, and 7463 are no longer specified in the Elective but can still be used to meet the requirements of the Systems and Resources Management domain in the Elective.
· The Project Management domain was added to the Elective.
· The credit requirement for the Elective section was reduced from 11 to 9 to maintain the credit value of the qualification at 130.
Training programmes for version 2 of the qualification may start as soon as the qualification is registered.
All existing candidates may either complete the requirements for version 1 or transfer to version 2.
The last date for assessments to take place for version 1 of the qualification is December 2014.
This qualification contains a standard that replaced an earlier standard and a standard that has been substituted for an earlier standard. For the purposes of this qualification, people who have gained credit for the expiring standards are exempt from the requirement to gain credit for the replacement or substituted standards - see table below.
Anyone who believes they have been disadvantaged by this revision should contact:
Learning State (trading name of the Public Sector Training Organisation)
PO Box 10 243
Telephone 04 495 1410