AMAP for ElectroTechnology, Telecommunications, Emergency Services, Offender Management, Security, Financial Services, Insurance Services and Contact Centres [Ref: 0003]
Revision of Electrotechnology Industry Training Organisation AMAP
The ElectroTechnology Industry Training Organisation (ETITO) has revised the Accreditation and Moderation Action Plan (AMAP) above.
Date new version published April 2010
The next AMAP review is planned to take place during 2011.
Reason for the revision
The AMAP was revised to clarify the specific accreditation requirements for Financial Services (Appendix 6). This was done to ensure that:
· the requirements of the Securities Commission in relation to assessment against capstone unit standards were met
· a mechanism to enable collaboration between ETITO and accredited organisations for the administration of assessment against capstone unit standards was provided
· requirements for approval of courses leading to award of the relevant national qualifications in financial services could be satisfied
· new unit standard 26360 was included in the group of capstone unit standards.
Compliance with new requirements
Financial Services and Insurance Services subfields.
Accreditation requirements will apply with effect from April 2010.
Moderation requirements will apply with effect from April 2010.
Accredited organisations will be audited for compliance with AMAP requirements from October 2010.
Main changes resulting from the revision
ACCREDITATION INFORMATION (AI)
Industry or sector-specific requirements for accreditation for Financial Services and Insurance Services subfields
Criterion 1 - requirements added for the development of teaching programmes that prepare candidates for assessment against capstone financial advice unit standards 25650-25653 and 26360
Criterion 7 - amended to clarify that:
· ETITO will not support applications for accreditation for capstone financial advice unit standards 25650-25653 and 26360
· ETITO will work collaboratively with organisations with accreditation for non-capstone financial advice unit standards that are seeking approval for courses leading to award of the relevant national qualifications in financial services
Criterion 8 - amended to clarify that ETITO is the only organisation authorised to report the results of assessment against capstone unit standards to NZQA.
MODERATION INFORMATION (MI)
· The moderation system has been amended to include unit standard 26360 in the set of capstone financial advice unit standards.