AMAP for REINZ Industry Training Organisation Ltd [Ref: 0070] version 3
Revision of REINZ Industry Training Organisation Ltd AMAP(s)
The REINZ Industry Training Organisation Ltd has revised the Accreditation and Moderation Action Plan (AMAP) above.
Date new version published February 2010
The next AMAP review is planned to take place during 2015.
Reason for the revision
On 17 November 2009, the Real Estate Agents Act 2008 came into force and necessitated an update to legislative information in the AMAP. At the time of updating the legislative information the opportunity was taken to clarify the accreditation requirement for criterion 3 to make it more flexible and achievable by organisations seeking accreditation to deliver and assess the Real Estate unit standards.
Further opportunity was taken to mention common assessment material that is available to accredited organisations to use to assess Real Estate unit standards; use of this material will set a common assessment standard across the real estate industry.
To recover the high costs of pre-assessment moderation incurred by REINZ ITO information was added to clearly set out the costs involved in pre-assessment moderation where common assessment material is not used.
Compliance with new requirements
Accreditation requirements will apply with effect from February 2010.
Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from February 2010.
Accredited organisations will be audited for compliance with AMAP requirements from August 2010 onwards.
Main changes resulting from the revision
Version 3 replaced by version 4.
ACCREDITATION INFORMATION (AI)
Industry or sector-specific requirements for accreditation
· Criterion 3 - clarified to enable flexibility in the requirements of staff teaching and/or assessing against Real Estate unit standards.
· Criterion 4 - removed the requirement regarding membership of REINZ.
· Criterion 7 - added information about self-developed assessment material.
· Criterion 8 - changed name of licensing body and removed reference to REINZ.
MODERATION INFORMATION (MI)
· Added requirement for a trainer/tutor to verify student evidence produced, to ensure authenticity.
· Added information about common assessment material that is available from REINZ ITO, for use by accredited organisations.
· Added information about the cost incurred by an organisation for pre-assessment moderation of self-developed assessment material.
· Added information regarding the cost for the use of common assessment material by accredited organisations.
· Added information regarding the cost that will be applied to pre-assessment moderation of self-developed assessment material.
Non-compliance with moderation requirements
· Amended to specify the use of visits in managing non-compliance with moderation requirements.