CMR for First Aid [Ref: 0230]
Revision of The Skills Organisation CMR
The Skills Organisation has completed the revision of the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR) above.
Date new version published June 2015
The next CMR review is planned to take place during 2016.
Summary of Revision
The Skills Organisation is now the Standing Setting Body for First Aid, and as such a revision of CMR 0230 was required in order to align it with Skills’ practices of Consent and Moderation Requirements.
Compliance with new requirements
Requirements for consent to assess will apply with effect from June 2015.
Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from June 2015.
Organisations with consent to assess will be expected to be able to demonstrate compliance with the CMR from December 2015 onwards.
Requirements for Consent to Assess (RCA)
Standard Setting Body involvement in process for granting consent to assess
· Changes made to reflect that a visit is only required at level 3 and above
Visit waiver conditions
Inclusion of the following:
· where an organisation with consent to assess wants to extend an existing consent to assess and has a record of successful delivery and assessment, or
· where the level of consent to assess sought, combined with low numbers of unit standards, does not warrant a visit.
Industry or sector-specific requirements for consent to assess
· No significant changes have been made to Criteria 1, 2, 3, or 8, other than reference to Skills.
Moderation Requirements (MR)
· The Skills’ moderation system has been incorporated to align requirements with Skills’ current practice.
· Skills will monitor the NZQA credit reporting schedule so there will now be no requirement for TEOs to submit an assessment plan.
· Skills’ reporting requirements have been included to align this section with current practice.
· The associated costs of pre-assessment moderation have been inserted to align funding requirements with current practice.
Non-compliance with moderation requirements
· The Skills’ non-compliance process has been included to align requirements with current practice.
· The Skills’ Appeals process has been included to align this section with current practice.