Revision of NZQA National Qualifications Services CMR
NZQA National Qualifications Services has completed the revision of the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR) above.
Date new version published November 2018
The next CMR review is planned to take place during 2020.
Summary of Revision
The CMR was revised to reflect the addition of unit standards from other domains, feedback from providers, and changes to systems and terminology within NZQA.
Compliance with new requirements
Requirements for consent to assess will apply with effect from November 2018.
Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from November 2018.
Organisations with consent to assess will be expected to be able to demonstrate compliance with the CMR from April 2019 onwards.
CMR for NZQA Business and Management, Computing, Core and Communication Skills, Economics, Science and Technology, Supported Learning [Ref: 0113]
CMR for NZQA Business and Management, Computing, Core and Communication Skills, Economics, Niue Crafts, Niue Tradition and Culture, Science, and Supported Learning [Ref: 0113]
Standard Setting Body involvement in process for granting consent to assess
· Industry involvement for Communication Skills at levels 4-8 has been removed.
· Service Sector Skills subfield has been removed as there are no longer any relevant standards.
· Standards classified in the domains Niue Crafts, and Niue Tradition and Culture have been transferred to this CMR, with no change to their requirements for consent to assess.
Industry or sector-specific requirements for consent to assess
· Criterion 3 – reflects new unit standard option for staff involved in assessment; requires assessors, assessment designers and moderators to hold the relevant unit standard (or equivalent knowledge and skills) for the role they are performing.
· Criterion 5 – reflects that requirements are for all students (not just those with supported learning needs).
· Criterion 7 – reflects updated NZQA terminology.
Moderation Requirements (MR)
This section has been revised to:
· Reference the new NZQA business unit, Monitoring and Assessment.
· Clarify responsibilities of the NZQA business units involved in the National External Moderation process.
· Provide updated links to documents.
· The rate charged for additional support or activities has been increased to reflect the fees rate introduced on 1 July 2018.