Review of Careerforce CMRs
CMR for Community Support; Health, Disability, and Aged Support; Human Services; Social Services; Urban Pest Management; and Cleaning and Caretaking [Ref: 0024]
CMR for Community Support Services Industry Training Organisation Limited (Careerforce) - Urban Pest Management, and Cleaning and Caretaking [Ref: 0004]
CMR for Social Services [Ref: 0222]
Careerforce has completed the review of the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMRs) above.
Date new versions published October 2019
The next CMR review is planned to take place 2024.
Summary of Review
CMR 0024 has been reviewed to update assessment and moderation practices for unit standards covered by this CMR.
All organisations with consent to assess against standards covered by CMR 0024 (as well as CMRs 0004 and 0222) were contacted in the consultation process.
In the previous review, CMRs 0004 and 0222 were amended to mirror CMR 0024. In this review CMR 0004 and CMR 0222 have been amended so that they continue to mirror the approved changes made to CMR 0024, keeping the intended single set of consent and moderation requirements for all standards in Careerforce’s coverage during the period leading up to the migration of all standards to CMR 0024.
Compliance with new requirements
Requirements for consent to assess will apply with effect from October 2019.
Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from October 2019.
Organisations with consent to assess will be expected to be able to demonstrate compliance with the CMR from 31 May 2020 onwards.
Requirements for Consent to Assess (RCA)
Industry or sector-specific requirements for consent to assess
Criterion 3: Staff selection, appraisal and development
· unit standard 30421, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills, was added to the requirements for appropriately qualified staff engaged in training and assessment, as an alternative to standard 4098.
Criterion 6: Off-site practical or work-based components
· requirements relating to safety, and the availability of equipment and resources when off-site facilities or resources are to be used for training and assessment were added.
Criterion 7: Assessment
· timeframe for submitting self-developed assessment resources for pre-assessment moderation and approval of 20 working days prior to use was added;
· requirements relating to internal pre-assessment moderation of assessment materials and the availability of learners’ evidence for internal post-assessment moderation were added.
Criterion 8: Reporting
· timeframe for reporting credit achievement to NZQA of within three months of the standard being awarded was added.
Moderation Requirements (MR)
Reference to National Moderator was changed to Careerforce Moderation Team.
· section added relating to action that will be taken if organisations with consent to assess are found to have conducted assessments using assessment materials that have not first been approved by Careerforce through pre-assessment moderation;
· the requirements for materials submitted for pre-assessment moderation were updated;
· materials required for post-assessment moderation were added.
· timeframe to send reports on assessment decisions and moderation outcomes was amended to within 20 working days of the meeting.
· cost related to moderation that may be charged was added.
Non-compliance with moderation requirements
· timeframe to supply further samples of learner work or revised assessment materials was amended to within 20 working days of the original moderation decision;
· costs related to non-compliance that may be charged were added.
· details of the appeals process were amended;
· final determination and decision for appeal cases will be made by the General Manager Learning Solutions.