CMR for NZQA Adult Education and Training, and Generic Education and Training [Ref: 0045]
Review of NZQA National Qualifications Services CMR
NZQA National Qualifications Services has completed the review of the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR) above.
Date new version published October 2019
The next CMR review is planned to take place during 2024.
Summary of review
This review is required to ensure that the CMR is relevant and current. It is a part of the planned maintenance of the CMR for the domains within the subfield of Adult Education and Training, and Generic Education and Training.
A separate review of the Moderation Requirements (MR) section that applies to all CMRs for NZQA Māori Qualifications Services and National Qualifications Services (NQS) was undertaken by NZQA, and the reviewed version has been applied to this CMR.
Key stakeholders and providers of adult education were consulted in the review of the industry specific requirements for consent to assess and moderation.
Compliance with new requirements
· Requirements for consent to assess will apply with effect from October 2019.
· Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from October 2019.
Requirements for Consent to Assess (RCA)
Standard Setting Body involvement in process for granting consent to assess
· Levels updated from 3 - 7 to 4 - 7.
Visit waiver conditions
· Updated for consistency with other NZQA National Qualifications Services CMRs.
Industry or sector-specific requirements for consent to assess
· Unit standard 30421 was added as an alternative to standard 4098. Standard 30421 covers a wider scope in assessment practice.
· Study towards the New Zealand Certificate in Assessment Practice (Level 4) [Ref: 2752] was added, and ongoing professional development for assessors has been recommended.
· Expired standards to evidence staff engagement in teaching and assessment of programmes were replaced with new standards. Demonstration of equivalent skills and knowledge was added, to provide flexibility for organisations that are currently not using the standards.
Moderation Requirements (MR)
This section was revised to:
· Reflect current practice, requirements and process.
· Remove all reference to schools.
· Reference the new NZQA business unit, Monitoring and Assessment.
· Provide information about the responsibilities and contact details of the NZQA business units involved in the National External Moderation process.
· Reflect online access to the moderation system.
· Make changes to Tertiary Education Organisation (TEO) submission timeframes.
· Provide further information around samples submitted for standards with more than one grade.
· Provide updated links to documents.
· The process for annual reporting summaries was updated for TEOs.
· Reference to exclusions for funding for NZQA Best Practice Workshops and additional moderator support was added.
· The rate charged for additional support or activities was increased to reflect the fees rate introduced on 1 July 2018.
Non-compliance with moderation requirements
· Specific examples of NZQA actions were added.
· Organisations referred to the NZQA website for specific guidance.