Review of NZQA National Qualifications Services CMR
NZQA National Qualifications Services has completed the review of the Consent and Moderation Requirements (CMR) above.
Date new version published February 2021
The next CMR review is planned to take place during 2025.
Summary of Review
This review is required as part of the planned maintenance of the CMR.
This review includes changes to align with current NZQA moderation requirements and practice.
Compliance with new requirements
Requirements for consent to assess will apply with effect from February 2021.
Moderation system requirements will apply with effect from February 2021.
General changes made:
· Consistency of language used, e.g. learners instead of students.
· Other minor clarifications in wording to align with current practice.
Requirements for Consent to Assess (RCA)
Industry or sector-specific requirements for consent to assess
· Criterion 3 – consistent with other NZQA CMRs, information was added regarding training in standards-based assessment, and addition of requirements for staff assessing standards in the Supported Learning area to have or be working towards knowledge of pedagogy and pedagogical tools and digital technologies to support those with learning difficulties.
· Criterion 7 – information was added to recognise culturally appropriate protocols and tikanga Māori for those working in the Supported Learning area.
Moderation Requirements (MR)
· Learner samples - clarification was made on the requirements around submission of learner samples including specifying that entry to a standard allows NZQA to use candidate’s work, e.g. for published exemplars.
· Reporting – the annual summary is now uploaded to the NZQA website instead of being sent.