- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Advising NZQA of concerns about a tertiary education organisation
If you have concerns about a tertiary education organisation which you think NZQA should investigate, this page gives you information about how to advise NZQA of your concerns.
If you are a student (or someone representing a student), and you have a complaint about something that has affected you, refer to the student complaints about a provider page for advice.
Providing NZQA with information about a tertiary education organisation
NZQA is responsible for the quality assurance of non-university tertiary education organisations. We use information from a wide range of sources to assist us with this role.
Information provided to us by students, staff and the public can help to identify areas where NZQA intervention may improve the quality of outcomes for students.
If you have evidence that there is a problem with a tertiary education organisation, please let us know about it.
In the first instance, you can phone 0800 697 296 and speak with one of our Risk Management team, or you can fill out this online form (HTML, 3.3KB).
What will happen next?
When we receive your information we will assess it carefully and we may:
- ask you for more information
- refer you to a more appropriate agency
- discuss the issues with the provider
- carry out an investigation
- make a note of the concerns for future reference.
Unless the concerns relate to you personally (in which case, the formal student complaint process may be more appropriate), NZQA will not give you information about any investigation and findings.
We do, however, appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, and will take them seriously.
Will the tertiary education organisation know where NZQA has got the information from?
If it is necessary to let the tertiary education organisation know where the information has come from, so that we can investigate it fairly and thoroughly, we will discuss this with you before doing so.