- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about either NZQA or a Tertiary Education Organisation (TEO) please follow the instructions below.
Complaints about NZQA
At NZQA we want to provide you with great service. If you are unhappy with the service you have received from NZQA, please let us know so that we can remedy the situation and learn from it. With your feedback we can improve our processes.
We aim to investigate and resolve all complaints quickly and effectively. The timeframe for complaint resolution and outcome is ten working days, or earlier if possible.
If you have a complaint about NZQA, please let us know by:
To help us investigate your complaint fully, please include:
Complaints about Registered Education Providers
We have processes for handling complaints we receive about registered education providers including private training establishments (PTEs), wānanga and institutes of technology and polytechnics (ITPs). If you have a complaint about a registered education provider, you should follow the provider's complaints procedure in the first instance.
If the matter is not resolved satisfactorily, you may make a formal complaint in writing through NZQA.
For more information, see Make a complaint about a provider.
What happens next?
If you raise a complaint via phone, we will try to resolve it immediately. If further investigation is required, we will advise you of the estimated time this will take. We will provide you with contact details, in case you would like to check the progress of your complaint.
If you raise a complaint via our website or email, we will acknowledge it within two working days from date of receipt. We may need to contact you to seek clarification or obtain additional information relating to your complaint.