- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Online change of ownership application
This user guide is intended to support online users during the application process for a Change of Ownership.
About the Application
There are three sections in the TEO online application process. You must complete each section in order before progressing to the next. Each section must be fully completed before submitting the application to NZQA for evaluation.
- Section 1: Contact details
- Section 2: Application/request details
- Section 3: Supporting documents
At any time, you can delete the application or return to TEO applications. If you return to TEO applications, any sections you have completed will not be lost. You can resume filling out the application at a later stage.
The Application Process
When you submit this application through the TEO online application process, you will receive an auto generated email quoting an NZQA reference number. Use this number in future, if you need to email or speak to a member of staff.
Your application will be allocated to an evaluator in the Approvals and Accreditation team. Following an initial evaluation, the evaluator will contact you to discuss your application further, if required.
You will be invoiced on a regular basis for ongoing work on your application at a rate of $150 per hour plus GST.
For more information see Change of ownership.
Please direct any queries about this application to the Client Services team. Remember to include the NZQA reference number on all correspondence.
Before you get started
Before you begin this application, check you have:
- Identified the type of change ; and
- Gathered the relevant required documents.
Click the Return to application overview link to leave the section you are in and return to the application summary screen.
Click the Return to TEO applications link to leave the application and return your TEO applications summary page. Any sections you may have completed will be saved and you can resume filling out the application later.
Complete all fields marked with an asterisk (*), as these fields are mandatory.
Filling out the form
Enter the name of the key contact person for this application.
If NZQA requires more information, this is the person they will contact. An email address is required because auto-generated communications will be sent there.
In this section, please provide a brief summary of the changes to the ownership. The summary should state whether it is a sale and purchase of shares or assets, and any deadlines that need to be met. If it is sale and purchase of assets, please list the assets.
You must supply the documents below.
1.Change of Ownership Application form (DOCX, 54KB) (required)
This form is required where the transaction is for sale of shares, transfer of shares, or introduction of new shareholders.
Please complete all sections and attach the signed copy to your online application.
2. Sale and purchase agreement (required)
You must provide a copy of the sale and purchase agreement involved in the transaction.
3. Proof of body corporate status
This document can be the certificate of incorporation issued by the Companies Office.
4. A chart showing the structure of the new organisation
5. A list of all current and proposed PTE delivery sites
6. A plan for managing the transition of students
7. Student fee protection plan (if applicable)
8. Supporting evidence (for sale of assets only)
For sale and purchase of assets by another PTE, evidence should include how the enduring PTE will manage the purchased assets. Please note that if the purchaser is not another PTE, then PTE registration must be sought and granted for the new entity before the change of ownership can be finalised.
Submitting your application
You are now ready to submit your application. Before you do, check:
When you click Submit Application, your application will appear in the TEO applications table. You can view your completed application, or withdraw your completed application until such time that an outcome has been reached.
When you submit this application, you will receive an auto generated email quoting an NZQA reference number. Use this number in future, if you need to email or speak to a member of staff.