- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
Qualifications listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF) can be used offshore. This page provides information about the development of programmes and qualifications for use in countries other than New Zealand.
NZQF Offshore Programme Delivery
Non-university providers proposing to deliver an NZQF qualification offshore must apply to NZQA for programme approval and accreditation.
Applicants must also meet the NZQF Offshore Programme Delivery Rules, which ensure offshore programmes have outcomes of comparable quality to programmes delivered in New Zealand.
See the Offshore programme delivery page for further information about and guidance for applications for offshore programme delivery.
Qualifications at levels 1-6 for specific overseas requirements
New Zealand qualification developers can apply to NZQA to list a qualification at levels 1-6 on the NZQF that meets particular offshore needs, but only where existing New Zealand qualifications are not suitable.
Any qualifications listed at levels 1-6 of the NZQF that meet specific overseas requirements will also be listed on this page.
All qualifications for specific overseas requirements must meet the NZQF operational and listing rules 2012 (incorporating the 2013 Amendments).
Changes to the NZQF Operational and Listing Rules
Amendments to the rules to enable qualifications for overseas requirements came into effect on 8 November 2013.
For more information, see a fact sheet (PDF, 82KB) on qualifications for specific overseas requirements.