- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers & partners
- About education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation & review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Development of NZ Diploma in Business prescriptions
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Recognition of qualifications gained overseas
If you plan to live in New Zealand, you may need to get your international qualifications recognised so you can work, study or apply to emigrate to New Zealand.
Assessment applications generally take up to 35 working days to process and complete.
If you have other applications which depend on an assessment of your qualifications, you need to allow at least this long for us to complete your assessment.
|If you need your overseas qualifications recognised for ...||then ...|
|Immigration: so you can move to New Zealand||see Get international qualifications recognised for immigration|
|Employment: so you can work in New Zealand||see Apply for an International Qualifications Assessment|
|Further study: so you can do further study in New Zealand|
|Teaching: so you can be registered as a teacher in New Zealand|
|Teaching Salary assessment: so your teaching salary can be set|
Going overseas to study?
If you plan to go overseas to study, check early what you need to do for:
- an expanded transcript explaining your New Zealand qualifications to overseas organisations
Tertiary Education Qualification Statement
- using your NCEA overseas
International recognition of NCEA
- Entrance to Australian universities
- Entrance to overseas tertiary courses
You may be able to get an interest-free student loan or an exemption from paying interest on your current student loan.
Find information for...
Information for students of Apostolic Training Centre Limited Read more »
Consultation on Proposed Teacher Education Qualifications Read more »
Information for students of AWI International Education Group Limited Read more »
NCEA and New Zealand Scholarship data Read more »
Misuse of student fees – sentencing Read more »