- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care of International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
A few notes about fees related to assessments made by NZQA:
- The fees listed in the table above don't cover charges made by third parties. For example, if NZQA asks an education provider for verification of your qualifications and that education provider charges a fee, we'll let you know so you can pay the fee directly to the education provider.
- You'll be asked to pay the relevant fee as the last step in the online application for your IQA, PAR or OSA. Once payment is made, the application form is automatically submitted to NZQA. Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard credit card only.
International Qualification Assessment (IQA) standard application fee
The IQA is for people who need a full assessment of their international qualifications for immigration, employment, teacher registration, teacher salary, or further study, and have an 'Invitation to apply' from Immigration NZ.Read more
International Qualification Assessment fast track fee
Note: Add this amount to the standard application fee.
The fast track can reduce your assessment processing time from 35 days to 20 days, however you'll need to provide a reason for requiring the fast track option during your application.
Pre-assessment Result (PAR) application fee
The PAR is designed to contribute towards your Expression of Interest for the Skilled Migrant immigrant visa.Read more
Overseas Study Assessment (OSA) application fee
The OSA is used for the purpose of gaining a 'Student Loan Interest Exemption' with New Zealand Inland Revenue (IR).Read more
Return of documents/courier fee
This is the fee to return your original documents – such as the qualification documents you need to submit with your IQA. If you're outside of New Zealand you'll need to pay this fee, which you can do during the application process.
You do not need to pay this fee if you're based in New Zealand and have provided us with a prepaid return courier bag to hold your returning documents.
Duplicate report fee
The fee you'll be asked to pay if you contact us to request a replacement copy of your assessment report. This applies to reports that are less than 5 years old – for reports older than this you'll need to go through the assessment process again.
The fee you'll be asked to pay if you request a review of your completed assessment report. Reviews are only available for the IQA, not the PAR or OSA, for 12 months from the report completion date.
New purpose fee
For each new purpose you request to be added to your completed assessment report (such as 'immigration', 'teacher registration' etc). This is only available for 12 months following the completion of the initial report.
All fees given above are subject to change. Contact NZQA or re-check the website for a list of current fees at the time you make your application.
If you decide to withdraw your application, NZQA does not pay a refund. Refunds are only given under the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.