- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Code of Practice for Pastoral Care - caring for international students
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Find information about a school
You can find out about a school or check on its performance before enrolling your children.
NZQA reviews the assessment practices of secondary schools to ensure assessment is valid, fair, consistent, reliable, accurate and to the national standard.
The reports on these reviews are called ‘Managing National Assessment reports’ or ‘MNA reports’. To read the Report for a specific school, see Find an MNA report.
Secondary school statistics
NZQA also provides open data on how secondary schools perform in NCEA and in other national qualifications.
You can view a variety of reports, going back several years. See Secondary school statistics.
The Ministry of Education has a 'School Directory' listing all schools. It shows subjects taught, student profile, student achievement, contact details and map location. You can use it to find details of specific schools. See School Directory.
The Education Review Office (ERO) is the New Zealand government department that evaluates and reports on the education and care of students in schools. ERO reports to school boards of trustees on the quality of education provided for students in their school.
ERO also publishes national reports on national educational issues:
Talk to people
One of the best ways to find out about a specific school, is talk to the school, to neighbours and to parents of children who attend the school.