Taking New Zealand qualifications overseas

NZQA can help with documents and information if you're planning to use a New Zealand qualification to work or study overseas.

Applying to study overseas with NCEA

NCEA is New Zealand's national school-leaver qualification. We have arrangements with other countries which help people use NCEA overseas.

Using New Zealand tertiary qualifications overseas

Things to consider if you want to use your New Zealand tertiary qualification to apply for work or further study overseas.

Get an Overseas Study Assessment

An Overseas Study Assessment (OSA) is required by IRD when New Zealand students apply for their student loan to be interest-free while studying overseas.

Getting New Zealand qualification documents

You can download official documents from the NZQA Learner Portal. You may need to get other documents from your school or tertiary provider.

Tertiary Education Qualification Statements

Tertiary providers can provide students with a Tertiary Education Qualification Statement to help international audiences understand the qualification.

Skip to main page content Accessibility page with list of access keys Home Page Site Map Contact Us newzealand.govt.nz