- Studying in New Zealand
- Qualifications and standards
Providers and partners
- About education organisations
- NZQA's quality assurance system for tertiary education organisations
- Quick links to NZQF documents
- Approval, accreditation and registration
- Consistency of graduate outcomes
- External evaluation and review
- Assessment and moderation
- Development of assessment standards
- Submitting results and awarding qualifications
- The Education (Pastoral Care for International Students) Code of Practice
- Offshore use of qualifications and programmes
- Guidelines and forms
- About us
Submitting results and awarding qualifications
Providers are required to report information to NZQA to ensure that records of learner achievement are maintained.
Submitting student/trainee results
Education Organisations should be submitting student/trainee results on line via the secure school or tertiary login.
Where an Education Organisation is unable to submit student/trainee results on line, use a results form (PDF, 26KB). A separate form must be submitted for each student/trainee.
If a student/trainee does not have an National Student Number a registration form (DOC, 410KB) will need to be completed and sent as well.
These forms must be submitted with a payment cover sheet (PDF, 22KB).
If you have any questions, you can contact Tertiary Records.
TEO issue of qualification documents
Some tertiary education organisations can award and issue New Zealand qualifications listed at levels 1-6 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework.
See TEO issue of New Zealand qualification documents for information about printing qualifications.
Qualification credibility continues to be supported through NZQA’s established quality assurance processes, including approval and accreditation, external evaluation and review, moderation of standards, and the roll-out of the new qualification consistency arrangements.
No change to RoA and Tertiary Education Commission reporting
The Record of Achievement will continue to record achievement of standards and completions of qualifications wholly assessed by standards. NZQA will also continue to report standard and qualification completions to the Tertiary Education Commission for industry training organisation trainees.